WHAT TO SEND IN:
To be considered to participate in the competition, please email the following to wocc@PNWcomedy.com:
– Your name and/or stage name
– Where you are from/your home base
– How long you’ve been doing comedy
– A picture and/or a headshot
– Any comedy-related credits (shows, tours, TV appearances, bars mics, etc.)*
– A comedy bio*
– A good quality video of you performing, which is ideally five minutes. (No longer than 10 minutes.)*
– Which two (2) First Round heats work best for you to compete? Nov 12th in Keizer, OR, Nov 16th in Sherwood, OR or Nov 20th in McMinnville, OR – LIST ONLY TWO
*= Not required, but highly encouraged
VOTING & BALLOTING INFORMATION:
Each round will end the show with a vote to determine who had the evening’s best performance. One ballot will be given to each audience member, comic, and staff member that watched the comics perform.
At the conclusion of the voting, the ballots will be tallied up and the results announced live on stage for all to hear and see!
Summary: There will be four total shows that are separated into two different rounds- the First Round and The Finals. The first three shows will be included in the First Round and will have three separate heats on different nights in different cities (Keizer, McMinnville, & Sherwood, OR). The 2-3 comics that receive the most votes from each First Round heat will move on to The Finals and compete for a $300 cash prize on a fourth and final show!
First Round: The comics selected to compete will be assigned to compete in one of three First Round heats. All First Round comics must do at least five minutes of material and no longer 8 minutes. Going over the maximum allotted time, or under the minimum time, may result in disqualification. (These performance times will vary by the venue due to runtime constraints and the number of comics performing.)
November 12th, 2021– 8 PM Showtime (Salem/Keizer, OR)
November 16th, 2021– 8 PM Showtime (Sherwood/PDX Metro, OR)
November 20th, 2021 – 8 PM Showtime (McMinnville, OR)
The Finals: The 8-9 comics that advanced from the First Round/Round One heats will do 10-12 minutes each in the final round. (These performance times may change due to the number of comics in The Finals.) After the show, the audience votes for the comic they think did best and the comedian that receives the most votes wins this year’s title of WOCC Champion!
December 14th, 2021 – 8 PM Showtime (Sherwood/PDX Metro, OR)
ELIGIBILITY & GENERAL RULES/GUIDELINES
– Must be at least 21 years old to compete.
– You do not have to be from Oregon.
– All potential competitors must have done at least one comedy open mic.
– Previous participants of other PNW Comedy competitions may compete.
– All material must be written by the comic performing it.
– Absolutely no hate speech.
– Masks must be worn at all times when not actively eating, drinking, or performing.
– Be respectful to the comedians, audience members, volunteers, and staff.
– A vote by the audience will take place at the end of every show to determine the advancing competitors/winner.
– If a comic moves on to the next round but is unable to make the next show, the next highest vote-getting comic in that round/heat will then take that comic’s spot.
– Currently booked headliners and current PNW Comedy volunteers may not participate as competitors in the competition.
– There are two ways of being selected to participate: One- producers select the competitors by comics submitting requested materials, and Two- by the producers reaching out to comics directly.
–Comedians wanting to compete must be able to get to the venue the night they are scheduled to perform.
– The producers have the ultimate authority to determine if something is grounds for disqualification, to select a comic to move on in another comic’s place, to determine if a member(s) of the audience are cheating the balloting system, and to determine what happens in the event of any ties.
– Not following any of the rules listed above, or stated before, during, or after a comedy show, may be grounds for immediate disqualification.
– The earlier you send in your materials, the better- Some comics may be accepted to participate in the comp for scheduling and other purposes before the submission end date of October 30th.
– Individual event showtimes, round performance times, and rules are subject to change without notice.