14 Comics – 3 Nights – 1 Winner
October 14th, November 18th, and December 16th, 2017
–Submissions Are Closed For The 2017 WOCC–
The Western Oregon Comedy Competition is a collection of three shows located in McMinnville, Oregon where the audience votes and gets to decide who is crowned the WOCC Champion! And the best part? The winner gets a $200 cash prize!
Any level of comedian may submit to compete- From the open micer that has only done a few shows all the way up to the headliner that has been on stage for years and years. (The show isn’t designed for traveling features/headliners, but we’ll gladly consider them if they’re interested in participating). The 14 comics chosen to participate will be notified by 9/25/2017.
Submissions Start: 9/11/2017
Submissions End: 9/24/2017 at 12:01 AM
Comedians wanting to compete must be able to get to the venue the night they are scheduled to perform. (October 14th, November 18th, and December 16th, 2017. No exceptions.) If you are selected to move on to the next round but cannot attend the next show date, you will be disqualified.
Location: The MAC Club, 2223 NE McDaniel Lane, McMinnville, OR
To be considered to participate, please email the following to WesternOCC@gmail.com:
– Your name and how long you’ve been doing comedy
– Where you are from/your home base
– A headshot
– A comedy bio (including any credits)
– A good quality video of you performing*
*= Not required, but encouraged
Rules Of Competition:
– For ages 21 and up
– Headliner and feature comics currently booked for upcoming shows at The Mac Club may not participate
– Employees of The Mac Club or PNW Comedy may not participate in competing
– Joke theft is grounds for immediate disqualification
– Do not run the light: Not stopping before the cut-off time (dependant on the round) is grounds for disqualification
– No hate speech
– The producer(s) has/have the ultimate authority to determine if something is grounds for disqualification
– If you move onto the next round but are unable to make the next show date, you will be disqualified. The next highest vote-getting comic will then take that individual’s spot in the next round.
– Not showing up for an event is grounds for immediate disqualification from the competition
– A ‘prize pool’ of roughly $600 is to be divided amongst all participants with the winner of the competition getting $200, runner-up getting $75, 3rd place receiving $50, each Round Two participate will receive $25 and each Round One participate receiving $10
– The total amount of money in the ‘prize pool’ may be subject to change without notice
– Showtimes may change without notice
– Rules may change without notice
All rounds and finals take place in McMinnville, OR at The MAC Club.
Round One: 14 competing comics doing 5 minutes each. Audience votes for top five with the top six vote-getting comics advancing to the next round. Each competing comic will receive $10 for their time.
Date: October 14th, 2017 9 PM Showtime
Round Two: The 6 competing comics that moved on from round one will be doing 10-12 minutes. At the end of the show, the audience votes and the three comics that receive the most votes advance to finals. Each competing comic will receive $25 for their time.
Date: November 18th, 2017 7 PM Showtime
Finals: The 3 comics that advanced from Round Two each do 18-22 minutes. After the show, the audience votes for their favorite comic and the comedian that receives the most votes wins the $200! With second place getting $75 and third place receiving $50.
Date: December 16th, 2017 9 PM
All money owed to comics for their entertainment services will be paid the night of the event.
You’ve Got Questions, We Have Answers!
Q: Does it cost to submit to the Western Oregon Comedy Competition?
A: Not at all! The competition is sponsored by The Mac Club and PNW Comedy. They are covering all production and entertainment costs involving the competition.
Q: Will I be paid for my time?
A: Yes you will! Whether you’re in the first round or the finals, you’ll be compensated for your time!
Q: What’s the point of doing this no-name competition?
A: Well, if you win, you’ll receive $200 the night of the finals and you’ll be booked again at The Mac Club later on in the 2017/2018 schedule. You’ll also be invited back for the next year’s WOCC to participate as the Host, MC or Feature. Plus, you’ll receive a pretty cool trophy!
Q: Are musical comedy acts eligible to particapate?
A: Yes! If you consider yourself more of a comedy/stand-up act than a musical act, then you’re more than encouraged to submit the requested materials to the competition.
If you have any more questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to email us at WesternOCC@gmail.com