ELIGIBILITY & GENERAL RULES/GUIDELINES
– Must be at least 21 years old to compete.
– All potential competitor musts have done at least one comedy open mic.
– Previous participants of other PNW Comedy competitions may compete.
– All material must be written by the comic performing it.
– Absolutely no hate speech.
– Be respectful to the comedians, audience members, volunteers, and staff.
– A vote by the audience will take place at the end of every show to determine the advancing competitors/winner.
– If a comic moves to the next round but is unable to make the next show, the next highest vote-getting comic in that round/heat will then take the that comic’s spot.
– Previous winners, booked headliners, and current PNW Comedy volunteers may not participate at competitors in the competition.
– There are two ways of being selected to participate: One- producers select the competitors by comics submitting requested materials, and Two- by the producers reaching out to comics directly.
–Comedians wanting to compete must be able to get to the venue the night they are scheduled to perform.
– The producers have the ultimate authority to determine if something is grounds for disqualification, to select a comic to move on in another comic’s place, to determine if a member(s) of the audience are cheating the balloting system, and to determine what happens in the event of any ties.
– Not following any of the rules listed above, or stated before, during or after a comedy show, may be grounds for immediate disqualification.
– The earlier you send in your materials, the better- Some comics may be accepted to participate in the comp for scheduling and other purposes before the submission end date of June 20th.
– Individual event showtimes, round performance times, and rules are subject to change without notice.